Saturday, February 13, 2016

AJ - The Nutritionist From The Heavens

I was excited to hear that someone wanted to help me, but was a little unsure of how this was going to work. I had never had a nutritionist and from what you see one t.v. I was imagining  drill sergeants, whistles, yelling, and that other fun stuff that you see on weight loss programs. I got my first email from her within a few days introducing herself and scheduling our first call. "Ok, we're getting somewhere, she is going to call me"
The first time I talked to her I will never forget. I was in the car on the way home from work (The few times that I am without little people). It was like the universe was calling out to me this was the person I was waiting for to help me. Her soft tone of voice and encouraging spirit had me feeling like I had know her my whole life. I am already in love with this woman and I have spoken to her for 30 mins. We went over my profile talked about my health concerns and other details. We left the conversation at she was getting a plan for me and would touch base in a couple of days....

Yay! She called me back! Now it was time to get down to business. This was the first conversation of the rest of my new life. As she began talking I realized something really quickly. Wait a minute? We are going to heal my body with food? Your kidding right? I eat food everyday, I've got this under control..... Well turns out I didn't. And not only did I not have it under control I wasn't even close. I learned more about my body and its beautiful relationship with food that I have ever. I was amazed. Ok so now what? The plan was to begin eliminating certain things from my diet. Ok I can do that, I have done that before.  Wrong again! My idea and natures idea of healthy clean food are very different.

I will go into more details of my diet changes later, but I want to  make one thing very clear. A journey like that cannot be made alone. You need someone there to educate and encourage you along the way. I cannot put into words what this woman means to me. I love her so much already and can't imagine her amazing presence in my life......................

No comments:

Post a Comment