Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sugar, Sugar

After reviewing several options the decision was made to eliminate sugar. Now when I say sugar I mean ALL sugar. Now I don't know about you, but when I think sugar, I think candy, cookies, soda, and all those sweet treats that we all know outside of moderation can be bad news Well that is just the surface of the amount of sugar that is baked, mixed, and added to the everyday food that we all eat. (Again this is why everyone needs a Aunt Sherry and AJ in their lives)
After an hour of intense education and encouragement, I learned that this also meant no pasta, no bread, or any other items that contains sugar. Wait a minute.....no PASTA?? No Soda? I am sure I will not make it. But then I remembered something. Food is one thing and one thing only. It's fuel for our bodies. It is there to allow our bodies to do what it is we need to do everyday. Food is not a relationship. Think about it this way, if you put cheap gas in your car all the time, its not going to run as well. Well up until now I was surfing the cheap gas wave and needed to get off, and not for a few days, forever.
I am not going to lie, the first week was torture. I was suffering the same withdraws that any other person would as they remove a drug from their body. My body was learning to live without artificial sugar. From the cravings from you know where, to the crashes from the absence of that junk! I can honestly say I was amazed at the effects it had on my body and enraged that I had been filling it with this nonsense for so long.
Then came the rainbow at the end of the storm. After my first week it was like all of a sudden all of the side effects were gone. Then amazing things started to happen. I traded afternoon crashes for full days of energy, sleepless nights for falling asleep fast and waking refreshed. I felt amazing! Wow just the simple exercise of removing sugar was already proving to worth the effort and journey I was taking.
The commitment to remove sugar was paying off in big ways, now it was time to build on it. I had the bull by the horns and I was ready to take it to the next level.........

No comments:

Post a Comment