Saturday, February 13, 2016

Well Here I am.....

Greetings from the lovely state of NC! My name is Jennifer and I am a married mother of two. After the suggestions of several friends I have decided to start writing some of my thoughts and experiences on this wonderful journey I am on. What journey you ask? We will get there in a quick second. You see everything about my life is amazing. I have a great job at a company that treats me well. A husband that I am sure was sent to me straight from heaven, and two beautiful daughters that I am beyond in love it. Everything is great, except one thing. I have an auto-immune disease.... 
For those that don't know auto-immune diseases come in many shapes and forms. The form I have is RA or Rheumatoid Arthritis. It started around the age of 19 with a dozen tests and medical doctors scratching their heads. When I finally moved to NC I found a great doctor that finally got me some answers. Unfortunately by the time I found him, I was in such bad shape walking, dressing, and even bathing was not possible without Brad's help (yeap ladies he's an angel) . Then came all the drugs, low dose chemo and many others, too many to count. While I was getting better in a way, the medication was causing a whole new host of issues, upset stomach, hair loss, etc. it was a nightmare! I decided the medications were too much and stopped taking them. Not too long after I found out I was pregnant with my second baby girl. The great thing about pregnancy is that your immune system drops so low that your pain and issues all but go away. What a gift from this little baby girl! Well fast forward a couple years and I am back to dealing with it again. From good days to bad days to REALLY bad days. I could see my body slowly giving up. I was at a loss. You see my Memaw had the same exact disease as I (I inherited it from her) and her passing far too soon was due to a lot of the medications and damage the disease did to her poor body. I was NOT LETTING THAT HAPPEN TO ME!!!
I called my Aunt is Arizona whom for years has been living a healthy and all natural lifestyle. At this point I was open to anything. I shared with her my fears and that I wanted more for my body and spirit that what fate had decided to give to me. I was not letting medical science destroy my body. I will go into her role in my life more later, but being the loving aunt that is (and always has been) she felt my pain and had a great idea. That is when she sent me to AJ.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment